Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Collection #2

So after completing the Dorson collection, though I am still hoping to do the EAD encoding for the finding aid, Professor Bantin has assigned me to sort out the rest of the folklore archives as my next collection. I have to say that this part of the collection is in pretty rough shape.














Piles of files, publications, slides, and photos have just been sitting without any real organization. It will be my task to sort this material and either place the material with an existing collection that it was separated from or create a new collection depending on the content.

The great thing about this collection is the amount of research I get to do to find the rightful place for these materials. I'm excited about the amount of photos, slides, and audio recordings found so far.


I'm really looking forward to working with this collection, especially the multi-media aspects. This collection will definitely sharpen my archival research and arranging skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment