Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Arranging We Go!

My processing plan was approved today! Professor Bantin gave me some suggestions to better my plan and set me off to go arrange the collection. I spent the day moving photocopied newspaper clippings from binders to acid-free folders. These newspaper clippings are part of the Gary Project research files. Dr. Dorson used these clippings, as well as other resources, to write the book The Land of the Millrats. I have to say that the newspaper articles seemed far more interesting when arranged by topic such as Traditional Themes in Conversations and Gary Steel Industry, then when presented in the standard daily format.



After foldering, I took some preservation action on slides that are part of the collection. These slides were removed from their plastic sleeves and placed in an archival box.



Overall, a productive day and I look forward to constructing the finding aid after my arrangement is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment