Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Collection: Walter Nugent

So this past week I wrapped up the folklore archives assignment and helped with IU Board of Trustees collection. I spent some time updating the EAD finding aid and foldering new materials that fill gaps in the collection.

The new collection I have been tasked with is quite large. Professor Bantin asked that I start working on the papers of IU alum, Walter Nugent.

Walter Nugent is an acclaimed historian who taught at IU for twenty years. He was a professor of History, the Dean of College of Arts and Sciences, and headed the Overseas Studies Department during his time at IU. Professor Nugent has written several books focusing on social-demographic history. His collection should be very interesting and though my time at the Archive is almost over, I hope to at least have a processing plan for the next intern.

No comments:

Post a Comment